The Acer Iconia Tab A200 is one of three new tablets from Acer in 2012, and the runt of the litter. Housing a dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, the new Iconia Tab A200 will run Android 3.2 Honeycomb tablet operating system. At 1.6 pounds and 10.2 x 6.9 x 0.5-inches, the Acer Iconia Tab A200 isn't the slimmest or lightest tablet on the block. That title goes to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and its 9.7 x 6.7 x 0.3-inch, 1.2-pound frame. At 1.3 pounds, both the iPad 2 (9.5 x 7.3 x 0.3-inches) and ASUS Transformer Prime (10.4 x 7.11 x 0.3-inches) are also slimmer and lighter than the Tab A200. Depending on preferences, the A200 is available in a rather boring combination of gray and black, called metallic gray, or in a more striking metallic red. The latter found its way to our editorial office and we find this color design appealing because it's not too obtrusive. The case's stability makes a good impression. It can only be twisted marginally, whereas no unusual noises are emitted under these forces. Acer has loaded up the Iconia Tab A200 with apps—enough to take up about 4GB of the onboard storage when you factor in the OS. Some apps, such as Social Jogger and Sound Hound (discussed a little later in this section) are useful, but a lot of them are unnecessary...
Feature of Acer Iconia Tab A200:
- 10.1" Active Matrix multi-touch screen display (1280 x 800)
- Front facing camera for videoconferencing
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB memory, expanded via Micro SD/MicroSDHC card slot (32GB Max)
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n & Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR connectivity
- Android Honeycomb operating system, upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwich
- Powered by an nVidia Tegra 250 Dual-Core 1GHz mobile processor and stunning nVidia Ge-force graphics
- Connectivity: 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB-micro, 1x USB mini-jack
- 3260mAh, two-cell lithium-ion polymer rechargeable internal battery
- WEEE Green Compliant with RoHS certification
- Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth): 10.2 x 6.9 x 0.5”
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- Color: Titanium Gray
Specification of Acer Iconia Tab A200 :